Tips for Preventing Acne Flare-ups at Any Age
- Wash your pillowcases often and always use clean face towels. Dirty towels and pillowcases can harbor bacteria and germs that can make acne worse.
- Be sure to pull your hair away from your skin when you sleep.
- Try to shower as soon as possible after your workout, since sweat combined with skin oils can trap dirt and bacteria in your pores.
- Don’t go to bed with makeup on. It can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
- Make sure to clean cosmetic brushes regularly in soapy water and throw out old, contaminated makeup.
- Use topical treatments that contain 5% – 10% Benzoyl Peroxide on problem areas.
- Exercising regularly can help reduce stress and it increases blood circulation and oxygen penetration to the skin, which may help to prevent acne.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day to help “detoxify” the body from the inside out.
By taking these simple precautions, most people can reduce the occurrence of acne. We also carry a variety of products available to help in healing or preventing breakouts.